San Diego Anonymous
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Organization and information about protests against the Church of Scientology in San Diego

HomeHome  PortalPortal  ChatChat  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Serious business time, guys.

Go down 
+5
FawkesayFawkes
A Noun? A Miss!
xenubarb
scarletbanner
Anonagi
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Anonagi
Admin
Admin
Anonagi

Serious business time, guys. Empty
PostSubject: Serious business time, guys.   Serious business time, guys. EmptySat Jul 12, 2008 12:40 pm

This is going to be a long post, but there IS no TL;DR. If the forum had an option where everyone had to read something to log in, I would make sure everyone reads this.

A few things to go over, especially given the assault that happened on the night of the 11th, now that everyone's had a chance to calm down a bit.

Long story short, myself, FTP, Roflcptr, Randomface and another anon (didn't remember your name, tell me and I'll edit this post) were flashraiding the Org last night during their Freewinds event and FTP was assaulted by a group of six scilons. Police were called, etc.

Before anyone who doesn't know this starts raging - nobody was hurt, nobody was arrested, and nobody was named or captured on camera by Scientologists.

That being said, I think we needed this to happen, and in retrospect, it can be a good thing. Before you flame me, hear me out.

Since April, really, San Diego has had a trend that other anon cells around the world that don't deal with OSA, outed anons, and fair gaming share. We've been getting too complacent and been pushing the envelope. This isn't necessarily a bad thing as we've found out what works and what doesn't.

During Feb 10th and March 15th, we had police presence, and were super paranoid, only having a small handful of Anons brave enough to go on their side of the street. In April, more Anons were on their side of the street once they started putting the banners up, and we had no police presence. During FairGameStop, the police only showed up when the Scientologists called them, and once again, even more people goading them behind their banners.

Then in May we started raiding hardcore with flashraids, causing absolute chaos. We didn't stop there - leading up to Sea Arrgh, we not only had several flashraids but started doing the fake raids to completely psyche them out, and they were furious. First it was flashraids. Then fake raids. Then fake fake raids. The raid on Flag World Tour. The fact that due to Anonymous actions, they did not sell a single book during their dianetics drive. The doc drop raid around the Coleman College building for their "ideal" org. Nighttime raids. 24 hour raids (that lasted 20 hours).

All these things are excellent and have been very effective - however, from raiding so much and seeing how the Scientologists have only actively responded to us once, all of us have become more bold. During Sea Arrrgh, ALL of us pushed the envelope by having everyone on the street next to the Org, and we did violate the city statutes regarding blocking the sidewalk and metro station, and noise levels. A few anons came very close to being cited. After reflecting on this, there were revisions to the sugguested code of conduct for the July protest to not only protect ourselvess, but to make sure that there was no gray area that the police would be able to interpret as vioations and have to use their personal judgement to figure out what to do abut a potential situation.

This brings us to what happened last night. Mistakes were made at the time. FTP should not have gone off by himself to blast music at the six Scilons. We should not have gone over to the truck for anything more than an instant to take a picture of the liscence plate. We should not have flipped off the people inside the Org. Now, I'm just at fault for what happened last night in the resulting aftermath as anyone else. I in NO WAY excuse or condone the actions of the Scientologist that assaulted FTP, or even trying to be a CoS apologist. I also do not agree with the way that the Sgt. treated us, and how she would not let us speak about our side of the story, but there is a time and place to address it and it is not when she is threatening arrest.

Those weren't the only mistakes that had been made. There were mistakes leading up to the incident as well, long before anyone grabbed FTPs mask, and in hindsight you can go "...yeah, that wasn't very cool..."

I knew about body bullbaiting and what was happening around the globe - however, I forgot that not everyone here reads up on Enturbulation, and given the fact that Scientology here in San Diego has been extremely quiet, none of us thought this would happen, at least not the way it did. I should have posted about body bullbaiting on the forums instead of just addressing them at pre-protest speeches and assuming everyone in our cell was reading about it on Enturbulation. I see this as an oversight on my part. After this post, I will make one regarding body bullbaiting.

Second, I don't think anyone honestly thought, even if they were paranoid of it, that this would happen here in San Diego but it did.

Bottom line - The Scientologists set a trap for us last night, and it was one we fell for. They wanted to get a reaction out of us and they did. Everyone knows the first call the people in the truck made went inside the Org, and not to the police, and how quickly three Scilons with cameras came out and tried to take pictures after the masks came off. These traps are not just happening here in San Diego - they are happening all over the world. The strategy, as outlined in leaked CoS documents regarding Anonymous, is this:

1) Assaut an anon who is alone with no camera, to make the anon or anons fight back so they can call the police for arrests and pressing of charges
2) Get the Anon pissed off to the point of pressing charges, which results in being outed and open to litigation and fair game
3) In the event that nobody gets arrested, try to get citations issued for Anons so their name goes on public record so they can be outed
4) In the event that this doesn't happen, have cameras around to take photos of Anons with masks removed when the police order it.

The Scientologists last night accomplished NONE of these objectives, and the only reason we DIDN'T end up in the back of the police cars last night was because of our complete compliance with the SDPD at the scene, including the Sgt.

It was not a win, if anything, it was a tie.

At one point, in every city, there will be a backlash that will make you realize that this is not all about the laughter, and that this is a serious business. With all the cake, public support, rickrolling, etc, it can be easy to lose sight that the CoS is a very real, very dangerous organization that is cornered and will fight back as hard as possible, and will soon not worry abut the legality of doing so.

We knew a backlash was going to happen and in all honesty, we ended up very lucky. Nobody arrested, nobody hurt, nobody ended up in the hospital, and nobody was outed. Other anon cells that have had this backlash have not been so lucky. There have been assaults with people actually ending up in the hospital. A Munich anon was assaulted and ended up needing stitches.

So, the question now is - how do we learn from this backlash, in order to prepare ourselves for another, possibly worse one?

Do we back off? Hell no. Now is when we push them harder than ever.

There needs to be a few things in place now for future. These are sugguestions that people need to take to heart - I know for a fact that the five of us who were there last night will indeed take this to heart.

1) During flashraids, be them at night, during the day, whenever - no anon goes alone, at least, not in front of the Org. Do not go out of sight of the other Anons, and if you have to go to your car or the bathroom or something - take another Anon with you. Buddy up - they are far less likely to do any action against you, and if they are, you're a witness and it won't rely just on he said/she said when the police arrive.

2) We need more camera anons - and if you have a camera, make sure that it is on a wrist strap or around your neck for easy access. It's going to be very hard to get an assault on camera, just its aftermath - but the act of having a camera out in the first place is a huge deterrent to these types of assaults.

3) Do not argue with an officer, even if they are in the wrong and are powertripping. State the facts, be polite with "Yes/no sir/ma'am," and hopefully the officer will realize that they are acting unprofessionally and back off. During a confrontation with the police, know that the Scientologists will be lying. State the facts to the police. If you're calm and collected, it will be a huge plus.

The police are not on our side. They are nuetral. They have to be.

The number one goal during an encounter with the police at one of our demonstations is to avoid getting arrested, or even cuffed. If the officer is in the wrong, the time to file a complaint is later after the situation is over and done with. Don't let the anger at the injustice if the sitation make you say or do something that you'll regret.

On the plus side, it shows we're having a much bigger impact than we previously thought, if it was driving them to this.

Keep it up guys - just be safe about it!
Back to top Go down
http://www.sandiegoanon.com/
scarletbanner
CLEAR
scarletbanner

PostSubject: Re: Serious business time, guys.   Serious business time, guys. EmptySun Jul 13, 2008 11:31 am

I didn't hear what happened until yesterday at the raid.. damn.

I searched last night when I got home and I found my video camera..
If I can get a hold of either a large memory stick or some DV tapes, I will bring it to every Anon event I can. Video documentation is now a complete must have as things heat up.
I won't be able to get either before the Marcab Invasion, however. No matter; those two events are high profile enough that any reacting will have ovar 9000 witnesses.

Has a report on the incident been posted on enturb?

Last edited by scarletbanner on Sun Jul 13, 2008 7:36 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://sandiegoan.on.nimp.org
xenubarb
CLEAR
xenubarb

PostSubject: Re: Serious business time, guys.   Serious business time, guys. EmptySun Jul 13, 2008 12:30 pm

Phone calls after incidents:
INB4CLAMS!

Patrol officers last evening who pulled over to talk and laugh with us a bit said
YOU SHOULD HAVE CALLED COPS FIRST!~

DO NOT worry about annoying them. They get calls every fucking day from the cult, whining about people on their property!

They WANT to know about real incidents! They already know Scientologists are whiny bitches, but if they are going to start perpetrating violence against us, a new file will be opened and it will not benefit the cult one bit.

You have been told repeatedly by those with more experience than you NOT TO FLY SOLO!
Rofl and FTP, I'm looking at you! Now you know what happens.

Don't you get it? THESE PEOPLE ARE PREDATORS! If they think they have someone in a vulnerable position, they will take advantage of it! It's what they've been taught.
Watch your backs. Watch each other's backs. Ignore this at your own risk.

That is all...
Back to top Go down
A Noun? A Miss!
OT 6
A Noun? A Miss!

PostSubject: Re: Serious business time, guys.   Serious business time, guys. EmptySun Jul 13, 2008 3:01 pm

Anonagi wrote:
1) During flashraids, be them at night, during the day, whenever - no anon goes alone, at least, not in front of the Org. Do not go out of sight of the other Anons, and if you have to go to your car or the bathroom or something - take another Anon with you. Buddy up - they are far less likely to do any action against you, and if they are, you're a witness and it won't rely just on he said/she said when the police arrive.

2) We need more camera anons - and if you have a camera, make sure that it is on a wrist strap or around your neck for easy access. It's going to be very hard to get an assault on camera, just its aftermath - but the act of having a camera out in the first place is a huge deterrent to these types of assaults.
^^ THIS

We've been really good with our police etiquette, so this is what I (humbly) think we should emphasize on. We should do our best to prevent these incidents from happening with this simple series of deterrents. Pocket flashlights we can use on skin job cameras would also be a good idea.

And for the love of sweet and sunny Xenu either wear a bandanna or go T-shirt ninja underneath your mask! That way, they can rip your mask off and then you can laugh at them ("Fat lot of good that did you, guv'nor!")!
Back to top Go down
FawkesayFawkes
OT 2

PostSubject: Re: Serious business time, guys.   Serious business time, guys. EmptySun Jul 13, 2008 3:03 pm

It twas I Fawkesay who was the fourth. The lady cop was being obnoxious and one-sided. I doubt speaking up about her misconduct would help, but wow.
Back to top Go down
RandomFaceInCrowd
CLEAR
RandomFaceInCrowd

PostSubject: Re: Serious business time, guys.   Serious business time, guys. EmptySun Jul 13, 2008 7:05 pm

RE: agi's post
i agree with everything. it is srs bsns now that the first case of body bulbaiting has happened. and may continue to happen. as stated, video cameras are a must, thx scarlet for stepping up to be a video camerafag. at least we had obamanon, and wheels video cameras there. made me feel a bit better yesterday.

as for my lovely conversationg with this guy
Serious business time, guys. DSCF0106
i think we qualify as foes now.. i was saying things such as:
"why are you taking photos of those we talk to? are you thinking they will join us next week?"
"your a spitting image that fair game is alive and well, taking pictures of peoples plates as they honk at us in support"
"are you explaining to the security guard that we are cyber terrorists and have made threats that we are going to blow up the building? but have yet to provide anyone with proof of these claims that have not been doctored in any way. how about the tapes from your security cameras?
"if we do indeed keep you from entering and leaving the building why is it your barricades that block the entire entranceway and not our bodies."
"did you tell the security guard about last nights assault? im sure he would love to hear how you were part of it"
standing in his direct line of sight for abotu 20 min blocking his view of of the plates with our sign "SCIENTOLOGY'S WORST ENEMY : FREE SPEECH" made him turtle up and go inside the church for a while.
about 30 min later he comes out of the church, i grabbed scarlet and walked around the block on a hunch of "greenshirt" trying to walk around the block to flyer or talk to people we just talked to. hunch paid off. he was trying to get around the block. as soon as he poked his head around the corner he turned around. me and scarlet walked to the property line of the 5 star, then turned around and walked back to the group. i then grabbed dur, scarlet, fawksay and rofl. we walked around to the backside again and saw him just loitering around as his plan was thwarted. saw him about an hour later talking to some people that didnt even talk to us. he was not handing out anti anonymous shyt. when he saw us he walked DEEP into the parking lot and hid behind a trailer for a min and then walked back to his location of choice.

"greenshirt" if you read this. i feel sorry for your zombie like mindset. you have the eyes of a murderer. i hope you wake up soon. i dont hate you. i hate the greedy corporation you are a part of. the religious aspect has nothing to do with my fight against the CoS. its the corrupt ways that they make you give them more money.
Back to top Go down
http://www.kevdo.com/lipbalm/history.html
TVwheels
OT 4

PostSubject: I think green shirt was out at Sea Arrrgggg taking photos?!   Serious business time, guys. EmptyMon Jul 14, 2008 11:04 pm

I sent photos from that picket to Agi and Xenu, what do you guys think, was he the dude hanging around in the background with the nice camera acting like a tourist....until he was pretending to photograph the sidewalk....FAIL!!
I think this is the same dude who comes out all by hisself to photo us by Horton

Becky
Back to top Go down
N.A.T.E
OT 2

PostSubject: Re: Serious business time, guys.   Serious business time, guys. EmptyTue Jul 15, 2008 1:23 pm

I'm going to relay this to the NY boards and warn my associates that they can probably expect some of the same, especially in the opposition locally and in DC during the 9000 man march as it happens later this week.

Best I can add to this is to recommend to you guys is to invest in some high-intensity flashlights. They're my solution to personal defense, and the only "non-violent" way of defending yourself (as in, without causing harm to an opponent). For those of you with money, the best brand is Surefire (I own a 6P-Defender & an M6 Guardian both with double-output lamps at 120 & 500 lumens respectively) www.surefire.com. For those of you with less money and more time, modifying an Eveready to accept a higher-output lamp and some 123 Lithium batteries seems extremely simple after you watch it done here: http://www.metacafe.com/fplayer/581888/10_police_flashlight_hack.swf The flashlight hack works about as well as my 120-lumen light, it's just not nearly as sturdy (or nearly as bright as the new LED assemblies that Surefire is coming out with later in the year) but still much cheaper.

With a light that bright in the eyes, an aggressor has only 2 options - flee from the blinding light, or initiate a serious assault. The time it takes for someone to make a choice between those two options is enough time for that or another anon to whip out a camera, and the light itself will definately keep the aggressor from noticing or caring.
Back to top Go down
xenubarb
CLEAR
xenubarb

PostSubject: Re: Serious business time, guys.   Serious business time, guys. EmptyTue Jul 15, 2008 3:20 pm

Green hawaiian shirt dude is David Meyer, "President" of the SD org. I'm told that he used to haz moneh, and now haz very little unless he's got somethin squirreled away for winter.
Back to top Go down
Zen
Wog Squad
Wog Squad
Zen

PostSubject: Re: Serious business time, guys.   Serious business time, guys. EmptySun Jul 20, 2008 10:31 am

Holy crap! What a time for me to take a little break from Chanology!
I'm back now and I'm ready for some hardcore enturbulating! Bring on Marcab Invasion!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Serious business time, guys.   Serious business time, guys. Empty

Back to top Go down

Serious business time, guys.
Page 1 of 1