San Diego Anonymous
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Organization and information about protests against the Church of Scientology in San Diego

HomeHome  PortalPortal  ChatChat  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Enturbulation is down

Go down 
+6
For_the_People
Roflcptr
Fallen
ANONdur
xenubarb
Anonagi
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Anonagi
Admin
Admin
Anonagi

Enturbulation is down Empty
PostSubject: Enturbulation is down   Enturbulation is down EmptyFri Sep 26, 2008 3:12 am

http://www.anonnewswire.org/posts/agthbm9uYW5vdW5jZXIMCxIFUG9zdHMYqQUM

LE's gone off the deep end at enturb apparently. Poppins is posting at this blog.
Quote :

Friday 26, 2008 2:00AM PST

Enturbulation.org is now down. This is not do to another DDoS, rather the server seems to have been unplugged. Admin accounts through our email server have been deleted.

LE has unplugged the server. In attempts to call him, I have received curses, name calling, memes, loud music in the seconds he answered before hanging up. The noises back-dropped by the sounds of California Freeways.

At this moment it seems that Enturbulation.org is no more. Some members of the staff have been discussing this, as well as what we can do for the last 45 minutes.

Our conclusion is to wait until the rest of the staff is awake to continue discussions, and try to contact LE again to see what he has to say.

At the moment, the options in-front of us are if it is wise to recreate enturbulation. We have database backups, and could have a new site running. Unfortunately it would be on another domain name. The question of hardware also comes to mind, although we've just bought a new server, it's either at LE's house or being mailed to him as this is written.

We will try to keep you updated as things unfold.
Back to top Go down
http://www.sandiegoanon.com/
xenubarb
CLEAR
xenubarb

PostSubject: Re: Enturbulation is down   Enturbulation is down EmptyFri Sep 26, 2008 8:01 am

Holy....FUCK

All those resources, docs, etc gone!

I feel sick...
Back to top Go down
ANONdur
CLEAR
ANONdur

PostSubject: Re: Enturbulation is down   Enturbulation is down EmptyFri Sep 26, 2008 8:43 am

This is why you don't centralize like people did on that website.
Back to top Go down
Fallen
OT 3

PostSubject: Re: Enturbulation is down   Enturbulation is down EmptyFri Sep 26, 2008 1:45 pm

Wow... this is rather sad, so many good stuff there... I hope they recreate this.
Back to top Go down
Anonagi
Admin
Admin
Anonagi

PostSubject: Re: Enturbulation is down   Enturbulation is down EmptyFri Sep 26, 2008 1:58 pm

ANONdur wrote:
This is why you don't centralize like people did on that website.

I don't think many people used it for raid planning or the like, but instead used it as a site full of resources. I know we did. Anything good happened, it was posted there.

Poppins has backups, so we'll see what's going on.
Back to top Go down
Roflcptr
**BANNED**

PostSubject: Re: Enturbulation is down   Enturbulation is down EmptyFri Sep 26, 2008 4:16 pm

came!
Back to top Go down
Roflcptr
**BANNED**

PostSubject: Re: Enturbulation is down   Enturbulation is down EmptyFri Sep 26, 2008 4:16 pm

I came!
Back to top Go down
For_the_People
CLEAR
For_the_People

PostSubject: Re: Enturbulation is down   Enturbulation is down EmptyFri Sep 26, 2008 8:36 pm

that blows...

not everything is gone, friends...

we have memories and the info can prolly for the most part be recreated
Back to top Go down
OT 8

PostSubject: Re: Enturbulation is down   Enturbulation is down EmptyFri Sep 26, 2008 8:42 pm

Holy... Even if the info's backed up. That's fucked. Even with another site, getting everyone informed of it wont be easy.
Back to top Go down
scarletbanner
CLEAR
scarletbanner

PostSubject: Re: Enturbulation is down   Enturbulation is down EmptyFri Sep 26, 2008 8:51 pm

What the hell.....? Oh well, I guess.

Last edited by scarletbanner on Sat Sep 27, 2008 12:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://sandiegoan.on.nimp.org
ANOthersandiegaN
CLEAR
ANOthersandiegaN

PostSubject: Re: Enturbulation is down   Enturbulation is down EmptySat Sep 27, 2008 11:39 am

74649 wrote:
Holy... Even if the info's backed up. That's fucked. Even with another site, getting everyone informed of it wont be easy.
I think it will be easier to inform people than you think, there are many channels to get out our info... we are the internet you know
Back to top Go down
kombat
CLEAR
kombat

PostSubject: Re: Enturbulation is down   Enturbulation is down EmptySat Sep 27, 2008 3:13 pm

This is seriously fucked up. Backup or not, it seriously sucks.

Getting people informed is easy, but the fact that we can lose sites like this is somewhat a loss...

I'm sure this means we have to take this far more seriously. We are nearing a harsh part, I'm afraid we're gonna deal with more than C&Ds in the coming month.

Stay aware.
Back to top Go down
http://doom3.zoy.org
Anonagi
Admin
Admin
Anonagi

PostSubject: Re: Enturbulation is down   Enturbulation is down EmptySat Sep 27, 2008 7:23 pm

There's nothing right now that indicates foul play on the part of CoS - it just seems like LE went batshit insane and took off with the server. There are no updates as of yet.

Poppins did inform me that all of the accounts that LE managed that were A PART of enturb such as google talk and paypal had all their account information changed.

LE's going to have hte people who donated money towards the new server after his blood, myself included.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Enturbulation is down   Enturbulation is down Empty

Back to top Go down

Enturbulation is down
Page 1 of 1