San Diego Anonymous
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Organization and information about protests against the Church of Scientology in San Diego

HomeHome  PortalPortal  ChatChat  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Trolling the Westboro Baptist Church

Go down 
+9
xenubarb
Daft
RandomFaceInCrowd
The Archbishop
ANONdur
ANOthersandiegaN
annonilate
scarletbanner
Anon41
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
ANONdur
CLEAR
ANONdur

Trolling the Westboro Baptist Church - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Trolling the Westboro Baptist Church   Trolling the Westboro Baptist Church - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 26, 2009 11:06 pm

Quote :
We had no business crashing that party if we were going to just turn around and say 'We actually have no opinion whatsoever, we just wanted to get OUR word out'.

That is exactly what we were doing. We were telling the homosexual community about another enemy. We weren't there to say anything against Prop 8. We weren't there to do anything like that. We were there to inform people about what scientology says about homosexuals.

Now you're being misleading here. There is quite a difference between what you initially proposed and this. This brings scientology into the forefront. It takes us and our struggle and makes it relevant in some other context. It's very different from just showing up and banking on someone else's time...

It is also a bad idea even in this new format. At least in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
ANONdur
CLEAR
ANONdur

PostSubject: Re: Trolling the Westboro Baptist Church   Trolling the Westboro Baptist Church - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 26, 2009 11:07 pm

Also: That video has a username. Those are his opinions, not those of anonymous.
Back to top Go down
Anon41
OT 3
Anon41

PostSubject: Re: Trolling the Westboro Baptist Church   Trolling the Westboro Baptist Church - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 27, 2009 2:02 am

I'm really not trying to be misleading, just trying to find some middleground. Of course the context has changed a little, thats how ideas evolve. My main intention from the beginning was, in addition to having some fun and doing something that in my opinion and a few others here would be EPIC, to get some press coverage in the form of "Anti-Scientology group 'Anonymous' challenges GodHatesFags.com in Epic Staring Contest at the Red Carpet" (and try to ask Tom Cruise to autograph our masks Twisted Evil ) like the Oahu Anons did. The only reason I brought this particular idea out now is because of what's happening online with the internet-based Anonymous (to whom we are related to and owe the beginnings of where we are now) and a few calls among the ranks, particularly in So-cal, to do something epic IRL (legally) against something that we can all agree we oppose if only once or twice. Anonymous is Anonymous in the long run after all.

And maybe it is just the opinion of the youtuber and myself but I can't believe that so many of us would show up and march down mainstreet alongside the entire LBGT community of San Diego County if we didn't all at some level actually support them and their rights even if the main point on the agenda was spreading awareness of our own cause. We didn't correct the announcer when he described us as "agents of free thought, speech and human rights activists who strive for the right to live, love and laugh freely", we CHEERED. By default what the youtuber said was true. I mean if we didn't support their community and rights worldwide, then we would have stayed on the sidewalk to hand out fliers the whole time rather than stepping out into the street and waving rainbow flags as some were.

Anyway, we've discussed it, despite the few that are interested in doing something theres not enough consensus or enough to gain given possible risk so the idea is a wash. Barb, feel free to sage this topic.
Back to top Go down
ANONdur
CLEAR
ANONdur

PostSubject: Re: Trolling the Westboro Baptist Church   Trolling the Westboro Baptist Church - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 27, 2009 2:04 am

I'd agree with you only in that the individual intentions of each of us were probably deeply aligned with those of the gay community. Not those of anonymous, though.

Regardless, discussion is healthy. Thanks for keeping anonymous alive. Smile
Back to top Go down
tofuman
CLEAR
tofuman

Location : on the freewinds trying to save everyone from blue asbestos

PostSubject: Re: Trolling the Westboro Baptist Church   Trolling the Westboro Baptist Church - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 27, 2009 2:16 am

If the Hawaii Anons can get away with it, I think we can too Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
ANONdur
CLEAR
ANONdur

PostSubject: Re: Trolling the Westboro Baptist Church   Trolling the Westboro Baptist Church - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 27, 2009 9:42 am

http://www.socalanon.com is the socal forum. As these events are taking place in Hollywood it'd be wise to ask around there who is thinking about going to that. Then whoever can arrange for the ride up and what not...
Back to top Go down
The Archbishop
OT 2

PostSubject: Re: Trolling the Westboro Baptist Church   Trolling the Westboro Baptist Church - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 27, 2009 2:15 pm

ANONdur wrote:

You would never say that to me...
I hope you have Lyme Disease.
Back to top Go down
ANONdur
CLEAR
ANONdur

PostSubject: Re: Trolling the Westboro Baptist Church   Trolling the Westboro Baptist Church - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 27, 2009 2:43 pm

Trolling the Westboro Baptist Church - Page 2 Toystory2cd9
You are a sad strange little man.
Back to top Go down
xenubarb
CLEAR
xenubarb

PostSubject: Re: Trolling the Westboro Baptist Church   Trolling the Westboro Baptist Church - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 27, 2009 3:02 pm

Anyone who thinks this is a good idea is certainly free do make it happen. But don't expect the whole cell to jump on board.

I, for one, give it a 'meh.' Our presence at the Pride Parade was relevant. Informing the gay community about the Scientology attitude towards them, while at the same time trying to get them sucked into the cult, was on target.

If we'd wanted to target WBC there, we certainly could have. They were tucked away in a little corral guarded by a mounted SD Police officer. They got to look at his horse's asshole the whole time.

To me, going up to raid WBC does not seem very lulzy. They are bitter, angry people who spray spittle when they screech. They're pretty much off target imo. I don't care about them, and I see no point in opportunistically using them to get ourselves some face time.

But, do whatever. We don't have to agree.
Back to top Go down
Anon41
OT 3
Anon41

PostSubject: sage goes where?   Trolling the Westboro Baptist Church - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 04, 2009 3:00 pm

ANONdur wrote:

I wholly agree with you and glad to throw in my suggestions, no hard feelings Smile

It is a shame though, I was all up and ready to have these signs printed Twisted Evil :

Trolling the Westboro Baptist Church - Page 2 AntiWestborosign Trolling the Westboro Baptist Church - Page 2 1233386788198

Anyway, SAGE
Back to top Go down
Daft
CLEAR
Daft

PostSubject: Re: Trolling the Westboro Baptist Church   Trolling the Westboro Baptist Church - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 04, 2009 3:17 pm

I'm gonna give this thread a nice kick in the nuts...
Trolling the Westboro Baptist Church - Page 2 1219386984265
Back to top Go down
Char Aznable
Wog Squad
Wog Squad
Char Aznable

PostSubject: Re: Trolling the Westboro Baptist Church   Trolling the Westboro Baptist Church - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 05, 2009 11:38 pm

I'm going to lock this, because even though it's informative, WBC fails hard enough on their own.

Raid on your own accord on these faggots, but don't turn this in to a Personal Army Call, because it certainly not a NYPA situation yet.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Trolling the Westboro Baptist Church   Trolling the Westboro Baptist Church - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Trolling the Westboro Baptist Church
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2